10. You have employees.
When you have employees you might be ready to accept theft, sweet-hearting and careless mistakes. You'll need a point of sale system to handle your employees, enforce your policies and insure that the money grows to you.
9. Pricing and Math Errors.
It is still amazing how many restaurants still utilize a calculator and hand written tickets. In accordance with studies made by various institutions you are ready to accept math and pricing mistakes totaling over 1% of your annual volume. In a restaurant doing as low as $1,300 per day that will soon add up to $4,700 each year. (Less than the price of our 2-terminal Sweet Deal Package) To remove pricing and math errors you need a point of sale system.
8. Time In Attendance.
Employee payroll is probably the most overlooked and a lot easily managed portions of your profit and loss statement. For those who have 12 employees and every of which clocks in 5 minutes early a day, that equates to An hour each day of additional payroll. Even with minimum wage plus benefits this may soon add up to $6 - $8 each day or over $2,900 per year. This figure doesn't consider the total man-hours it will take to compute time cards and then directory the amount of time worked for each employee. This can be time that you could be spending elsewhere. If you have a few as 5 employees you need a point of sale system.
7. Reducing Theft.
This is actually the original reason for the invention from the cash register during the late 1800's. Even when most of the businesses were family owned and run there was any excuses for a cash register to lessen theft. Nowadays of hiring employees to aid staff and manage your store there is even greater dependence on this type of control. For many years we've been aware of the tendencies of people regarding theft. 10% of the people wouldn't steal if giving the chance. 10 % of individuals are going to steal no matter what safeguards have established yourself. 80% of those will steal if because of the opportunity. Point of sale systems are put in place to protect from the 80% to make it more difficult for them to steal by you.
6. Speed of Service.
There is certainly only 1 thing we are able to consider which will drive customers away faster than bad food and that is slow service. Each time a customer places their order their particular internal clock is running in overdrive. Regardless how long they took to go over the menu also to get their order, when they have given your server or cashier their order their hunger clock is speeding along quicker than an admirer on high! You will need a fast, reliable way to get orders to your system. This will mean a terminal which is fast, clear to see and quick to reply to the touch from the server, cashier or bar tender. The device must also distribute your order properly to the kitchen prep station or bar. Your pos system must also measure your speed of service and report on the way you do. Decreasing the time that it requires to get your customer's their food is critical and will even compensate for less quality. For proof I provide you with a few of the major take out chains. Is the popularity in relation to the very best tasting, best dressed and greatest served burger or speed of service? In order to increase your customer service you'll need a pos system.
5. Enhanced Reporting.
Is there a use of having a computer and never benefiting from the energy? If all you need is to get a amount of money inside the drawer that typically matches towards the amount of sales shown you probably have no need for an issue of sale system. However, if you'd like more information and detail to assist manage your operation and make it more profitable you will want an issue of sale system. It was once that having a good product was enough to get you by. Now it requires a lot more information so that you can take on all the other restaurants in your market which can be all searching for exactly the same customer you've got seated inside your restaurant. You need to understand the buying habits of one's customers. What are they ordering? When is it ordering it? What's your most profitable item? What number of it do you sell? What items on your own menu usually are not selling? If you fail to answer all of these questions with total confidence inside your answers you'll need an issue of sale system. If you hesitate to properly answer (without guessing) any of these questions you'll need a pos system.
4. Exporting of Data with other Systems.
Even most smaller businesses today have some type of electronic accounting in place either in their operation or with an accounting service. Additionally, most businesses provide an electronic payroll service or software that can cause payroll. Pos systems capture critical data for you personally and then export this data in formats that automatically put this information into accounting and payroll packages, eliminating hours of tedious manual input that usually contributes to mistakes and human error. For those who have a digital accounting or payroll service/software or perhaps if you wish to track the sales in Excel, you'll need a point of sale system.
3. Integrated Bank cards.
If you are not currently taking charge cards as a form of payment you should start today. Don't worry the fees. Loosing business that you are suffering in today's plastic minded economy will a lot more than atone for the fees charged. In case you are currently taking charge cards by way of a stand-alone terminal you will be charged exorbitant fees for the terminal whenever you could be processing through your pos system. In some instances, the elimination of the terminal rental covers the charge card interface in less than a year. With integrated bank card processing you're assured that the amount of the sale will match the amount charged about the credit card, eliminating the necessity to go back and match individual sales once the credit card batch doesn't match bank card sales. When high-speed Internet connections are used to process bank cards we receive approvals in under 2 seconds. No more is slower speed of service a justification to not take charge cards. In order to quickly, accurately and smoothly process credit cards you'll need a point of sale system.
2. Competitive Marketing.
a. Frequent Diner Modules. Who're your customers? What do they are buying? How often will they visit? Of the frequent visitors, who was not into see you costs month? Of one's frequent visitors, who has a wedding day coming this month? They're questions that you need to have the answer to. Virtually all of the chains causing all of your competitors need the people who come to your restaurant. They wish to take them for their own reasons. How are things going to contend with the huge amounts of dollars being spent to attract your customer away? By marketing your operation along with your menu. Your pos system can manage your subscriber base, keep up with their buying habits, how often they visit, now when was their last visit along with what special occasions they have coming. Your pos system then will be able to sort these into groups that should be sent mailers, coupons, invitations to special attractions or simply just told that they're appreciated and inspired to visit you again. For those who have competition you will need a pos system.
b. On the net have become standard for therefore many companies today. A whole industry has been formed across the old idea of giving a paper gift cards. Today, you'll find gift cards at most major checkout lines. An item of sale system should be able to sell, redeem and control balances on your own gift certificate program. No more do you need a magazine of certificates which can be held in the safe. Today, you simply need a stack of blank plastic cards together with your colorful logo in it. Prepaid credit cards carry no balance and possess no cash value until sold plus a balance put on account. Being an owner you should maintain a number of these cards along with you. All these cards may have a tiny balance in it that you should hand out to drag visitors to your restaurant or to surrender case of an unhealthy experience to help bring someone back. Think of prepaid cards as your personal advertising tool. Once the customer looks in their purse or wallet and sees your logo they will be reminded to come visit you. If you use gift cards or gift cards you need a point of sale system.
1. You Don't Need Any More 'Partners'.
Sure you will need gift certificates. You actually have to better understand your customer's buying habits. You absolutely need to get charge cards integrated along with your pos system. You'll need enhanced reporting and export of such reports to electronic accounting and payroll services. You have to eliminate errors, reduce mistakes and keep track of your payroll. But a lot more than some of these you don't need any longer partners. Particularly the ones that place their area of the profits before getting yours. We have been talking about the servers, waitresses, bartenders and cashiers who:
a. Undercharge customers so they can improve their own tips. Show a $5 tab and a $50 tip. (Yes, I have seen this!)
b. Deliberately void or delete something once it has been taken care of.
c. Stuff coupons into the cash drawer in exchange for cash.
d. Don't charge customers for soft beverages to boost their tips.
e. Ring up a reduced priced item (well brand) and serve an increased priced item (premium brand)
f. Give discounts to their friends.
g. In the buffet line, ring up a buffet along with a tea. Reprint this ticket Ten times and then sell and collect for themselves these reprinted receipts instead of ringing up clients.
If you wish to remain in business, you need a point of sale system.